Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Was She Hitting on Me?

So, I'm getting my haircut by this woman. Not a fancy place. A $20 haircut. We were chatting as people in this situation often do and she tells me that she has a daughter and that she's divorced.

"It's hard" she says, "to meet people these days."

She finishes the cut and is just trimming the back with a razor, and adding final touches.

"I see you have some hair on your ears," she says. Sadly, this is true. I don't know why, but my ears grow hair like crazy. And not from the inside, I mean all around the outside of my ears.

"I know," I say. "It's weird. My wife won't shave it for me so I usually do it myself. And I tend to end up bleeding."

"I'll take care of it for you," she offers and proceeds to gently shave my ears for me. "That's better," she says.

"Thanks."

"Well, if I was your wife, I'd shave your ears for you anytime," she says.

There was a significant silence. And not one of those comfortable silences between two people who know each other well. It was that other kind, that puts people in cold sweats and makes their genitals shrink. The kind of silence that usually follows someone saying "I like you as a friend," or "I'm late."

I thanked her for the cut, paid and headed out, left to wonder this: Was she hitting on me?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, she absolutely was hitting on you, jackass. she probably would have shaved your testicles next if you had asked her. sorry megan, just sayin'

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home